Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Had secound round of 'Abbie' auditions today. I'm very impressed with the girls we've called back. Each one brings a different approach and it's almost tempting to just cast all of them and rewrite the script to fit everyone in somehow. After auditions some members of the crew stayed behind and we watched the Oscars on TV. My favourite moment by far was Martin Scorcese finally winning, and not so much by his acceptance speech, but by the fact that Coppola, Spielberg, and Lucas were brought on as presenters. 30+ years of legendary careers right there. Loved their scripted banter as well-

Lucas (referring to being the only one on stage to not win an Oscar): "I've always believed it's better to give then receive."

Spielberg and Coppola: "No it's NOT."

---

Doing The Last One is definitely becoming the learning experience I've hoped for.

"You got a lot to learn if you want to start playing with the big boys" is my quote of the day, given to me by an actor's agent. She couldn't be more right.