Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Certified Friendster User!

Been an avid Friendster user for quite some time now, and the fact that I've managed to amass close to 500 friends amazes me. Where were all of you during my birthdays? Next April 21 I want a Sony PD-170 camera. If all of you chipped in P500 each that should be enough to get me one. Thanks.

Some things which I find somewhat annoying on Friendster:

1) People who post pretentious, crappy-ass testimonials using the word "CERTIFIED." As in: "Certified Hot Hunk!" "Certified Crush Ng Bayan!" ...What exactly does 'certified' mean? Does it mean I get a certificate, complete with cedula and a gold seal? If so, please send to me so I can hang next to my high school diploma.

2) People who form all these "SEXXXY GIRLS", "CAMPUS CUTIE", "MODELZ ONLY" friendsters. What really gets me is when they post something like: "this friendster is exclusive, BY INVITATION ONLY. Potential candidates must submit a letter, and will be screened." Yes. All over the globe, millions of losers like me are dying a painful death because we weren't invited to be part of BEAUTIFUL SOCIALITES. The pain, the pain.

3) People who answer the question "Who I'd like to meet" with..."I've already met him/her!" followed by a smiling face. Pleeeeeeeez.

4) People who write testimonials using XXXX's or OOO's to form drawings or huge ass words like "COOL" or "LOVE KO 'TO!" Minus double points if they spell out the word "CERTIFIED!"

5) And finally, people who create fake friendsters pretending to be other people. Jeez, these people really need to get a life. I ask, is pretending to be me really going to get you anywhere? Yes, there is a fake 'me' out there, stealing my photos and my profile and even an occasional friend. Dude, there are more interesting people out there to imitate, trust me. Do a Talented Mr. Ripley somewhere else please.

Gripes aside, I love friendster. It allows me to see who's been to Boracay lately.