Sunday, November 07, 2004

Can't Hardly Wait.

School is finally winding down. As sad as I am to see six months of film school whiz past, I am looking forward to the immediate future already, maybe a little too prematurely.

I am planning to shoot two short films for Tropfest, one to be shot here before I leave for Manila, and another one to be shot in Manila (Mel and i have decided the story will evolve around a jeepney and an umbrella. You'll see.) There is also the likelihood that Ian, my boss at Viocorp, might send me to Dubai to shoot an AVP for a 5-star hotel.

What really excites me though is that I've been asked to do a screenplay for a full length feature film. I've always been a big fan of Avid Liongoren's work (he's the visual artiste who's done all the After Effects-heavy videos for Nina, Barbie's Cradle, etc.), and I recently checked out the illustrations on his website. Good stuff, very Tim Burton, which is right up my alley. Anyways, he's asked me to write a screenplay of a short story he and Charlene Sawit are developing for a movie. I read it, and needless to say, it's awesome. Can't say much about it right now except that it's thankfully not a boldie, nor is it some TGIS/BERKS teen schmaltzfest. I'm looking forward to the challenge of putting this very simple (yet highly visual) story unto the screen.

Now if ONLY I can get my Sound Design presentation and Screen Studies paper done so I can get down to the screenplay!