Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Jitter-free

It's 4am and I am surprisingly on cruise control, considering the amount of work I've been doing. I have a mock trailer to submit for DV class and I still haven't done it because it's taking forever to burn a DVD copy of Mel's reel on my laptop (I'm using hers). Tomorrow is also my last pre-production day with the crew before we go off and shoot Locked on Thursday night. I'm pretty excited about it, everything seems to be going as planned, my lead actors are fantastic. Last Saturday I took some photos of Adam and Brooke (who play Jake and Anna, the "perfect couple" in my film), and they looked very much like newlyweds.



I still find it amazing how actors can flip a switch and be someone else just like that. In a way I miss the whole acting process myself- doing theater, ads, hammy stuff for Gameplan, but I really think I'll make a much more decent director down the line.

Why oh why is my Powerbook taking forever to burn one damn DVD? Hassle. It's probably slowing down what with all the files I've been putting into it lately.

On a totally geek note, Mac is just da shit. I just realized that I can literally shoot and edit a feature length film with equipment that would fit my backpack. I think tools like Final Cut and Garage Band are going to pull exciting new filmmakers out of the woodwork. Good times to be in, tech wise. Having been trained in the Probe Production school of linear edit machines, gear like this is a godsend.