Saturday, September 18, 2004

Storyboarding sucks when you can't draw!

There used to be a time in my life when I could actually draw. I could churn out a MacFarlane-esque Spiderman, do a Mignola-type Batman, and a mean Jim Lee-ish Wolverine.

My question is, what the hell happened? Now it seems like I can barely draw a straight line. I'm ranting because it's 2am and I'm in my 5th day of drawing my "Locked" storyboard, and my drawings look utterly laughable. I fear showing it to the actors because they might think we're doing a comedy.

I actually surfed the web and attempted to download storyboard-making software called StoryBoard Quick. I mean, I love drawing and the thought process that goes behind it all, but based on my current drawing abilities, the task of storyboarding 150+ shots is just too time consuming.