Sunday, September 05, 2004

Breather

Sometimes I think I work too hard.

In the last month or so my whole life has been dictated by one thing- work. Work in several aspects- school, my part-time job, house chores. My eyes are constantly red and puffy from the potent combination of lack of sleep and over exposure to computer screens. I've lost weight, and I sincerely believe that if I attempted to run half a kilometer right now, I will die. So much to do, so little hours in the day.

The funny thing is, I actually enjoy it. In fact, I hate NOT having anything to do. Working on my film has become the equivalent of say, another person going to a bar and getting sloshed. I love the buzz I get when I'm in front of my laptop, figuring out how best to tackle a certain scene visually, what sound design best conveys the mood I'm trying to project, hell, even planning the budget feels like a party. What can I say? I love everything about the filmmaking aspect. I love the fact that in less than a month I will be directing talented actors and making something that came from my brain into reality. How can anyone not be excited by that?

Just the same though, it's important to step out and get some fresh air once in awhile. Went around the city with Mel, took in the sights, scoured some outdoor shops for a fleece jacket (in vain), ate excellent lamb kebabs, checked out Darling Harbor, took some photos, watched oversized birds jostle for space on a tiny tree. I need to get myself to walk around Sydney more, it's just beautiful.

Not as beautiful as my girlfriend though...