Friday, December 31, 2004

'Wawa in Wawa

What a way to cap off a year. En route to Punta Fuego with my folks, my car's timing belt decides to call it quits and snaps in the middle of Wawa Pier. Haaaaasle. Stress. I kept on thinking how this sort of setback would cost me the lead if I was a contestant in Amazing Race (anything to keep me from exploding in frustration). Long story short, I ended up riding in my car which was mounted on top of the towing truck, which would then be travelling all the way back to Manila. So much for my end of the year tan. I quickly realized the futility in being pissed the whole way and imagined I was on top of a Metro Manila Filmfest float. I even waved to a few pedestrians.

Arrived at the talyer at 10:30pm where the idiot towing guy scrapes my car while it was being lowered to the ground (at this point, you're too tired to get pissed. You just laugh in a staggered, demented way). Then had my legs swarmed on by dozens of mosquitos celebrating New Year's Eve dinner. What a day.I hope this isn't an omen to the kind of year I'll be having.