Monday, February 28, 2005

Goodbye, Carlo.

Well, it's official. I am finally leaving for Oz on Wednesday. School starts a week from now and I am excited to turn back the clock and be a student once again. I even bought a brand new notebook to seal the deal. I'm psyched because the subjects I'll be taking this sem are Scriptwriting and Directing, Film Production, and 3D Animation. Stuff I can really sink my teeth into. Not to belittle the theoretical courses I took up last semester but I've come to realize I'm really not the paper-writing type. Unless off course it's a script of some sort.

Speaking of which, I finally completed my first draft of Saving Sally. Which means I am now an official scriptwriter. Off course the first draft is shit, as is any first draft is, but that's beside the point. The important thing is I was able to start with a 'FADE IN' and end 91 pages later with a 'THE END.' I got from start to finish and I'll chalk up the experience to one of those baby step moments I have had in my career. If anything it really has given me the confidence and shattered the air of impossibility that I once used to associate with writing a script.

How boring were the Oscars today? At least Eternal Sunshine and Sideways got the script nods.