Monday, June 30, 2008

Just came back from a film-scoring session with Anthony, our composer for The Last One. Anthony lives far from Sydney, in a lovely farm house surrounded by acres and acres of shrubbery (Anthony bluntly calls them 'weeds'). We had a very effective session despite me getting lost and taking two hours to get to the place. The music is shaping up very nicely. We are trying our best to veer away from the typical orchestral Hollywood score and I think Anthony's accomplishing that.

After our session ended I entered my car and realized that there was not a single light around. Not for at least a mile. As a result, the night sky was amazingly clear, I'd never seen so many stars in my life. I swear I would've stayed and stared longer, but the cold was seeping quickly through my hoodie and the growing fog around my feet conjured up images of a faceless lady running dementedly towards me.

The drive home was pretty quick.