Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Here's me killing time at the office, waiting for Cat and Ger to pick me up after their dance class...
Had a 12-hour shoot today shooting several corpies in front of a green screen. It's always a trip doing green screen work although it's something I don't think I will ever hang my hat on as a filmmaker. Put it this way, which is far more impressive: the CGI backgrounds of The Phantom Menace, or the intricate hand-built sets of Empire Strikes Back?
In between takes I rolled down the blinds and stared out at the view of Darling Harbour and beyond. After weeks and weeks spending hours squinting at a computer screen, it felt good to train my eyes to see 'far' again.
Why is Sydney so mind-numbingly cold? In April?
I need a new coat, but currently cannot afford it. Will depend on Gabbi's generous offer to buy me one.
It does pay to blog about your birthday wishlist! Last Monday (my birthday), my ever so loyal friends got me a shitload of stuff- tools for my car mainly and most especially, a bad ass flashlight. It was so bad ass I actually crawled underneath my car and shone the light on the chassis, just because I could.
I love how my current barkada situation almost feels like an episode of How I Met Your Mother.
It's really pathetic that my only source of NBA action is via Gamecast on ESPN. Seriously, nobody in Australia cares about the tantalizing possibility of a Lakers - Celtics Final. No one.
Apparently I ate someone else's cereal at the office, which I thought was mine. Whoops.
Showed Cat a cut of The Last One last night, and she liked it. But then again, girlfriends are supposed to, right? Looked down at my hands this morning and discovered that my left thumbnail had been totally chewed out. If I was that nervous showing my film in front of one person, I can only imagine my mental state when I finally screen it to everyone.
Every year I've had a constant tradition of teaching myself a new physical skill- I've gone from rock climbing to downhill mountain biking to Ultimate frisbee. For 2008, it's been poi. It's good fun and an awesome arm workout. Once you get past the initial stage of getting smacked in the nuts and eventually find your groove, it's incredibly addicting. Who knows, I may someday get good enough to do it- drumroll please...shirtless. Wooh.
(It helps that I have a good teacher by the way.)